Friday 22 May 2020

Apocalypto Review


Mel Gibson, I hail o! I recently watched this movie and was surprised that it was produced about 14 years ago! I particularly enjoy movies set in ancient or futuristic times. Apocalypto certainly got my attention from the get go, and I could watch it a hundred times over. It renews a certain kind of respect in me for directors like Mel. I mean, how does one come up with such a plot and execute it so well?! Right from 'The Passion of The Christ', which was such a marvellous rendition of a true story and a masterpiece, I knew Mel was an amazingly good director. 
Writing a review doesn't do it justice at all, so I recommend you go ahead watch it already. It's not just about the accurate details and depiction of the ancient Mayan culture, lifestyle and communities; but about some real vital lessons and virtues shown that are still very relevant today.
While some critics argue that the Mayans were not as brutal and savage as was portrayed in the movie, and that they didn't indulge in blood sacrifices which was more of the Aztecs; they forget that no community whether now or then, is all good or all bad. Apocalypto, quite frankly attempted to show both sides of the coin. And it was a success.
Ofcourse there will be many negative reviews and opinions, but the positive far outweighs them all.
Once again, I hail oh
By sekhar raj
Knightreviews.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

‘Uma Maheshwara Ugra Roopasya’ movie review: A welcome petrichor

Uma Maheswara Ugra Roopasya is built on the of masculinity and rage. It questions the need for virility and the extent men can go to flaunt....